Life Gave Me A Mild Inconvenience So I Did Something Drastic To My Hair Because I Overreact / Pink hair

I am a classic victim of "It feels like my life is falling apart some I'm going to do something drastic to my hair to make it feel like I'm still in some sort of control". 

That old gem. 

Luckily for me, I asked my colleague and good friend Laura to do it for me, and she happily did so... and I am over the MOON. 

before



Granted, the quality of photo is shoddy and for some reason my general smug face just pisses me off a little bit, but I am so in love with what Laura has done to my little head. I'll break it down a little bit, as this was a PALAVER. 
SO we had to bleach my hair in three sections. The ends and roots were rather light/uncoloured, and my mid sections had a chestnut dye from November. We used Jerome Russell's Bblonde Kits, which you have to pair with a peroxide (we used Vol 30 and Vol 40) and you may also need to buy the toner, which we used, and I highly recommend if you aren't a naturally occurring blonde. This took about 2 hours, and that was with two of us, even if all I really did was drink Sav and talk. 
We then toned, which only took about 30 minutes, before mixing up the dyes. We used Directions Tulip Semi Permanent Dye on my mid sections and ends, and used Directions Flamingo Semi Permanent Dye on the roots. We attempted a backwards ombré. This was a last minute thing, as my roots came out pretty much white blonde, and we tried to utilise it for some neon bright roots, which worked pretty damn well. Directions advise that you leave the dye on for 15 minutes, but I would advise to ignore that. Leave the dye on for as long as possible, especially if its on freshly bleached hair. You want that shit on for at least 45 minutes to an hour. Directions hair dye literally reminds me of paint. You can mix colours and pretty much get what you expect, and the longer you leave it on, the longer it is going to soak in and stay. 

The results are amazing and I literally cannot flaw it! But if I had to... this shit stains. Be aware of white bed sheets, and even light clothing. The first few days after a fresh dye are the going to be when you're guilty of leaving a slight tinge on those really nice bed sheets you were given for christmas... Sorry, Mum. 


after

So, worth the time and effort, but Packet Dye instructions tend to be bullshit, so just be generous and take. your. time. 

Until next time, 

your local flamingo lady


No comments:

Post a Comment